Saturday, May 26, 2007

Who Switched the Insulin??

Oops. I did!

I'm traveling this weekend, and this is the first I've done so with insulin out-of-town. During the ride in the car, I was talking about d-stuff to my hubby (which is, of course, all I talk about these days), and I mentioned that I read how others had accidently taken one type of insulin instead of another.

And then what do I do this morning? Exactly that.

I took more than twice the mount of bolus insulin as usual, thinking I was injecting my basal.

As so I enjoyed a huge carbo-licious breakfast to counteract the dose. So far so good.

My sister offered to smack me if I had a low, hoping that was an accepted treatment!

1 comment:

..M.. said...

Hi Leslie!
Just wanted to welcome you to the world of Diabetes Bloggers. I'm enjoying your writing and have added you to my list of fav's.

I'm a bit of a geek with the D stuff too! I haven't got the book collection you have, but I've made up for that with all my online reading!

Thanks for your posts - it's great to read about someone else in the same situation (yup, I'm another LADA diabetic... fun, eh? :p )