Monday, May 7, 2007

It's Official

Today I received my diagnosis of having Type 1 diabetes. I was diagnosed about a year ago as having Type 2, but a number of things led my current endo to test for antibodies. Bingo. Finally, lots of questions answered as to why I was not responding to oral medications. My internet research suggests that I should really be calling this Type 1.5 or LADA.

So pick a name....in the end, what really matters is that I'm hoping to finally get better control of my BG levels. I've been on long-acting insulin for about a week, and will start short-term insulin today or tomorrow. We'll see how it goes.

So, yippee!

1 comment:

Erika said...

Dear Leslie-

I am a writer for a magazine called Diabetes Forecast. I am writing an article about LADA and would very much like to speak with you about your experience. My email is egebel@diabetes.org

Thank you,

Erika Gebel