Friday, May 18, 2007

MedicAlert Watch

I gave up wearing a watch several years ago. I hated having something on my wrist, and I could find the time on my phone or computer. But with the 'betes, you gotta know what time it is constantly!

So, I recently ordered a MedicAlert Watch, and it arrived a couple days ago. It was pricey ($139 plus S&H), but I really needed a watch/M-A bracelet solution. I had to have the band adjusted, but that was an easy $7 to spend.


Here's what I like:
  • Two birds, one stone. I know what time it is, and I don't have to wear a separate MedicAlert bracelet.
  • If your medical info changes, you can get a new case back for only $20.
  • High quality watch. Citizen seems to be a good brand that gets good reviews.
  • Fairly comfortable.
  • Water resistant. No scuba diving, but showering and washing dishes OK.
  • This watch is Solar powered...no battery replacement ever needed. (branded as "Eco-Drive")
  • It has a second hand.
  • It doesn't have an audible "tick" sound.
Here's what I don't like:
  • No luminous hands
  • No backlight
  • While it is fairly comfortable and fits well, it is difficult to take on and off. The band doesn't stretch very much.
  • It was impossible to order on-line. The "purchase" function on the website doesn't work. I ended up just calling MedicAlert on the phone, and it was easy from there.

Overall, I like this watch.

No comments: