Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Getting a Pump: Part 2

I am now immersed in the process of reading all about the various pumps. I have very slick promotional brochures from each of the major manufacturers. Some of these are very well put together - well organized, easy to read and so on. Others are not. I'm trying to remember that the marketing arm of a large corporation might not be the best yardstick by which to judge the technical arm. But I do tend to believe that those with very good marketing materials just might have a better product in the end.

I'm also doing some online review. Here is a great site that succinctly lists the pros/cons of each major device. It is put out by Integrated Diabetes Services, a practice headed up by the guy who wrote "Think Like a Pancreas" -
http://www.integrateddiabetes.com/pumpcomp/pump_comparison.htm

Here is another site that provides some good information:
http://www.diabetesnet.com/diabetes_technology/insulinpumps.php

And, of course, reviewing the websites of the manufacturers, which are noted on the links above. I will write more later as my thoughts on all of this gel a bit more.

No comments: